So I thought about sharing the tools I personally use personally or at work, so let’s start with the design tools:
- Adobe Illustrator for logos, icons, illustrations.
- Adobe XD or Invision Studio for designing user interfaces & wireframes.
- Adobe Photoshop for editing pictures & memes :D
- Adobe After effects for editing videos (I recommend Adobe Premiere Pro for editing videos & AE to add effects).
- Dribble for inspiration and I share my work there as well as on Behance
Let’s now get into the tools I use while coding:
I share my code & look for inspirations on:
If I’m simply coding an interface that I’ll might integrate into an app (web or native) I use plain html/css & vanilla js.
- Jekyll or Gatsby (I recommend Gatsby), I use Github to host the files and I deploy on Netlify.
For Css I’m cool to use what ever tech available out there that makes my task done quickly & well, I have personally used Bootstrap 3 & 4, Bulma, Lostgrid, Materliaze, Tachyons & made my own little framework called Unnamed that has over 175 stars on Github, but I seriously prefer using cssGrid & I always enjoy styling my elements from scratch since the components are fully reusable with react.
If I’m making a web app, for the front end I use the
create-react-app boilerplate as it’s the official one from the team that made React Js but I always have to add react-router, Redux, Recompose & many other modules I use the most.
I obviously use Git bash as my terminal when I’m on windows but I go with iTerm2 when I’m on macOS & VScode as my code editor (material theme).
For the backend, I was using php/mysql but I didn’t personally like it and switched to node js and so I currently use Express Js/Mongoose and Mongodb as database to make Restful APIs which I deploy on Heroku.
Forgot to mention that I sometimes use Firebase when I’m too lazy to work on the backend.
For native apps, I use React native to build mobile apps (Ios & Android).
For growth hacking, I focus more on building useful products that users really need in their lives then I simply share it on Product Hunt, Hacker news, Reddit and on social media.
I use Windows 10, MacOs Mojave, my MSI GP62 laptop, my macbook pro 2017 touchbar work laptop, Nexus 6p with a Dbrand wood skin. Full setup can be found here.