I managed to achieve in 2019 much more of what I've done in 2018, here's an overview of what I have learned, created & some random facts.
- React hooks
- React native navigation
- React native config
- SSR, static SSR, CSR, Pre-rendering
- Theme UI
- ZEIT now
- Semantic commits
- Removed redux & recompose, switched to Hooks & Context API.
- Tried React VR (360)
- Tried Ruby and Ruby on rails
- Configuring Nginx, redirecting http to https after generating and adding the SSL cert
- Circle & Travis CI
- Detox and cypress for e2e testing
- testing-library (for React and React native)
- Apollo client
- Tried Docker
- Pagination with mongoose-paginate
- tried Redis
- tried Sinatra
Decisions are made based on:
- The environment
- Bias & intuition
Team & project management
Laundry & cooking
Being rich isn't being wealthy
Giving a good feedback
- UX can be improved based on analytics & user behavior using tracking events
- Wireframing is an important milestone
- Design systems
- Little experiment I did, CSS in GraphQL
Contributed in building 3 platforms at my previous job, Barmej, Pawp & a foundation's website that support up to 6 languages using Gatsby & Contentful as a headless CMS while working for Obytes.
Continued adding features, fixing bugs & improving Beaf until I decided to shut it down and open source the code bases.
Decided & managed to write an article a month, that's a total of 12 articles!
Gave 3 talks about Gatsby js, in Casablanca & Penang island.
Mentored few folks on Twitter who managed to get their first jobs.
Created a Gatsby theme gatsby-theme-portfolio
Bunch of Gatsby starters
- Resigned from my first job, after 2.3 years working as a remote front-end developer
- Replaced my Nexus 6p phone with Google Pixel 2
- Traveled to Southeast Asia for 2.5 months, visiting Kuala Lumpur, Penang in Malaysia and Bali in Indonesia.
- Visited grandma
- Joined a new company as a full stack developer.
- Fell in love
- Got the opportunity to talk with ZEIT's CEO who's also the creator of mongoose & socket.io along with his team, to try out ZEIT now & share my honest feedback, then they decided to sponsor one of their community meetups here in Morocco.
- Moved from my parents' basement to a new place, got a new monitor, desk (adjustable height), chair & macBook pro.
- Got many offers which I declined in a respectful way but recommended my friends who I trust could do a great job.
- First time invited to speak at a Moroccan podcast about the JAM stack
- Made 2515 contributions on GitHub
Data about this blog during 2019
57 312 page views 👀
20 508 users 📈
5032 are based in 🇺🇲
15 501 use Chrome
2460 use Safari
5992 use Windows
4882 use Macintosh
3721 use Linux
3483 use Android
2276 use iOS
Will keep editing this article until January ends I usually do.